Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Monday, August 9, 2010

"Once Upon A Time"

I am a Mom to two beautiful grown daughters who are both recent Moms themselves. So that makes me a Grandmom to two also beautiful granddaughters, one almost 11 months and one almost 4 months. Such fun! I have been blessed with these babies and my daughters.

Now to tell you all about how I became involved in couponing. I have a wonderful friend (Ms. Pinch) that has been so gracious to tell me all of her secrets about couponing. As she has told all of you, she has been cutting Q's for four years I believe it was, so in my book that makes her an expert. I have to learn from the best! We started a coupon club back in January. We would get together to cut out our coupons once a week, which was also quite entertaining. Well, Ms. Pinch would tell interesting stories about couponing and how much money she saved. Of course I was the person that said, "They don't have coupons for things that I use." I also said, "I will never have a stockpile." How could I when they don't have coupons for what I use? Hmm...was I wrong? Of course I was. Remember, I have learned from the best. I have paid as little as 99¢ for Huggies diapers, 39¢ for Pampers wipes and 53¢ total for three rolls of Reynolds Wrap, three dental flosses and three hot & spicy mayo's. My husband loves that new mayo. So yes, they do have coupons for things that I use. I have a stockpile of gifts for upcoming birthdays and have already started a stockpile of Christmas gifts. I have purchased things that I don't use for the simple reason of creating a stockpile...just because I don't use it doesn't mean that someone else won't. Purchased is probably not the right word to use when you can get things for free or just by paying the tax, which is almost free. Ms. Pinch and I purposely used our coupons a few weeks ago (with store sales) for things that neither of us use. Why? So that we could donate them to a local church food pantry. I can't save the world but I do believe that every little bit helps. I would not have been able to donate had it not been for the coupons.

There are a few words that I can use to describe what I have learned from Ms. Pinch about couponing. One is AMAZING. Another is UNBELIEVABLE. We leave a grocery store, drug store or Target, and immediately are asking each other, "So how much did you spend?" We laugh all the way to the car. So thank you Ms. Pinch from the bottom of my fridge, cabinets and bathroom closet...just to name a few places where I have things stashed.

Remember my few words to describe couponing? Now I will tell you something, it is amazing and unbelievable that everyone isn't running out to see just how they can save money by using coupons.

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment