Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Just The Facts, Ma'am"


Today's shopping adventure was profitable, but that isn't new news for anyone. I'm listing the retail totals, that is before any store sales or coupon deductions.

First Stop Rite Aid: $53.93 retail
Second Stop Walgreens: $65.86 retail
Third Stop CVS: $65.94 retail

Grand total in merchandise: $185.73

Before tax total: $12.89
Tax total: $7.09
Grand total: $19.98 OOP (out-of-pocket)

At Walgreens I had to purchase 4 filler items, that would be the folders in the left hand corner of the picture. They were 9¢ each. That beats the heck out of a 50¢ candy bar to keep your total down.

At Rite Aid I had to buy the Mr. Goodbar to get my total up when I purchased one of the shave gels. Total bill for shave gel & candy bar = 68¢.

The other shave gel at Rite Aid was free with coupon.

I had negative 38¢ subtotal at CVS for the 2 Air Wick I-motions and the 2 Bic Soleil razors. My tax on that one was $1.57 so the grand total was $1.19. That is 2 Air Wicks and 2 packs of razors with 4 razors in each pack. Not bad if I say so myself!

This is a list of everything that I purchased today:
20 roll pack of Cottonelle toilet paper (retail $17.99, sale price $10.99)
2 packs of Kotex pads
2 Lysol hand soap dispensers
2 Air Wicks
2 packs Bic razors
2 Old Spice body sprays
2 Schick hydro razors
2 Schick shave gels
2 Dial body washes
3 Nivea body washes
2 Glade Sense and Sprays
4 two-pocket folders as fillers
1 candy bar

I started the day with $8 in ECB from CVS and $2 in +UP rewards from Rite Aid. I used my RRs from Walgreens that I got today in 5 transactions. I came home with $5 ECB from CVS and $2 +UP from RA (used a $1 from RA today).

If you so choose to take my $7 in rewards left from today into consideration from my grand total of $19.98 that would mean that I spent $12.98.

A lot of these things I have bought will be donated and I am making gift baskets for 4 upcoming birthdays.

Now I only have one question for all of you out there...if you read this far...

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?????????????

OR

ARE WE DAZED AND CONFUSED?????????????

If the latter is the answer, then we have the solution for you!

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment