Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nightmare on CVS Street - Part Deux

Total Paid $1.62

Hi, it's me again...the customer that gets yelled at from a CVS employee! I went home Sunday and expressed my feelings to Mr. Beauty and called Ms. Pinch to let her in on the saga. While at home, I discovered a coupon in a Glade product that I got at my local FRIENDLY Rite Aid last week or the week before. Hmmm, this coupon was for a FREE Glade plug-ins Lasting Impressions. I have not gotten one of those Qs before. So I was convinced I was going to revisit the CVS Nightmare once again Sunday night. I wanted Mr. Beauty to go also. He said he would but on the way there he tells me he isn't going in because it was an intimidation level with him being there. Okay, whatever! I just wanted a witness...but I will go in alone. Come to find out, he just wants to get dinner on the way home.

I was also thinking of making a stop at Rite Aid for the Huggies diaper deal and 7-Up. CVS and Rite Aid are within sight of each other and there is a Walgreens in between the two. Like we have told you before, easy shopping for us.

At this point, I have decided if CVS employee #3 thinks that the scented oil candle refills are scented oil refills then I have a new coupon (found in one of my prior purchases) that will give me a free warmer. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and I am on my way to see the Wizard. I didn't stop at Rite Aid (good choice). I go in CVS and get my Glade Lasting Impressions and two of the scented oil CANDLE refills, go to the front to check out, and we have Cashier #1 still on her post. I tell her I am back, that I am owed my ECB and this should be really simple. She immediately is waving her hands in the air saying NO. Well, fine then, just go ahead and call Mr. CVS Employee to check me out...I don't mind. He comes along and I tell him we have just a few things to straighten out. First one being the ECB... he gives me that...no problem. Next, I need to pay the tax on the free gum that wound up in the first transaction bag...no problem...I owed 10¢. Next, now remember you -- Mr. Employee -- told me these candle refills on my first receipt are refills so then according to this new found coupon I should get these warmers for free. Well no, Ms. Customer, you don't get those for free because you didn't pay for the refills on the first receipt because they were free. REALLY Mr. Employee, I did pay for those because I used a coupon...it wasn't green money but it was a coupon...now show me where the coupon was deducted on this first receipt. It wasn't...they did refund $5. Okay, what if I had used this coupon for free warmers when I purchased the items on the first and only transaction? What would the outcome have been? They were rung up at regular price before Qs because they were part of my $25. I did buy them. But if that is the way it is, I have no problem with that. So this is what I will do for you MR. CVS EMPLOYEE I will go and purchase two more of the candle refills and use my $3 ECB and my GET A FREE WARMER Q. Okay?? How does that suit you? I don't blame this employee for him not feeling comfortable with my plan.

Now while I am at CVS for the second trip, a customer comes in and wants to know what happened at Rite Aid. We, of course, have no idea what she is talking about. It seems that Rite Aid may have gotten robbed. There were police cars there and she was told the store was closed. I sure hope our nice Rite Aid employee Leland is OKAY, and I am glad that I didn't stop at Rite Aid for the diaper deal.

If I have coupons and a customer comes up with one or two items, as a courtesy I let that customer go ahead of me. I can see it now...I could have easily let the robber go in front of me (if there was a robbery). I don't know any other reason why the store would be closed before 6 PM with the police there.

I do hope that I haven't bored everyone to death, but I believe the point would be to stand your ground. All that I wanted was for a CVS employee to show or tell me what is on sale and what isn't. It shouldn't be a matter of their opinion. I DO want to play well with others!

Stay tuned, the story continues...

Paid tax only for this transaction

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment