Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Nightmare On CVS Street

Oh my, all I can say is I will try my best to make this short. Lessen the torture I might say, leave out some of the gory details if possible, hope everyone gets my meaning.

It was an ordinary Sunday trip to CVS...so I thought. I had my plan all figured out, it wasn't complicated at all. Did I say that? Okay I know, get on with it.

Page 5 of the CVS ad had everything I was going after. No big deal, nothing I have to have, nothing I need. But I am addicted to the Glade products. To make it simple, just go for the $5 off $25 ECB with Glade products and get $3 ECB when you spend $10 on certain products (listed right in the middle of the ad). All products were in multiples of $5. Really can it get any easier than that??

I had three different plans of action just in case CVS was out of certain things. Okay, got it so far? No they were not out of anything, whew...now this is really a no-brainer. Again, so I thought!

We have our products all pictured above. I had figured on spending $7 plus tax. Well that isn't what the cashier came up with, so I told her nicely that wasn't right. She took the $5/$25 ECB and my other coupons. The problem was with one of my coupons...it was a buy one candle holder get the candle refill for free. I was buying two of the refills and only using one coupon for the free item. Moral is in short form, the cashier didn't deduct for the free candle refills. Okay we can fix that.

My next transaction is where it turned into a real nightmare...just three little items. A pack of gum that would be free with a Q from the magic Q machine and two packs of the scented oil refills. So simple...NOT!

The ad plainly states 2/$5 scented oil refills 1-3 count or holder plus shows a picture of the 1-count box of GLADE PLUG-INS SCENTED OIL REFILLS. I had two boxes of the double plug-ins scented oil refills. Remember the gum? Don't forget about it, it will come into play in a minute. There is a CVS worker standing to the side with her purse ready to go home...already stated she worked an hour over. Okay fine, GO HOME! But she didn't. She had to ask what the problem was (keep in mind she is off the clock and not waiting on me anyway). I told her the first transaction was wrong (which was in a bag on the counter) and this one wasn't going well either. She begins to tell me that the refills are not on sale if there isn't a sale tag on the shelf with them. Then she asked me if there was a sale tag. I told her I didn't think there was but the ad in the paper is pretty clear to me, so I think. If I am wrong then tell me so and we can correct the problem. Not in this lifetime at NIGHTMARE ON CVS STREET! Really, if I picked up the wrong item then I will get the right one. Okay, she sends CVS employee #3 to check the shelf. He comes back with almost every Glade product made and they both tell me the scented oil candle refills are on sale. I already know that because I have already purchased two. But my coupon is for buy the twin refill get one free, which is what I was trying so hard to do. Well I would say I was treated very nasty and SCREAMED at more than once by MS. NOT SO NICE CVS EMPLOYEE (remember she is the one not on the clock). The original cashier was hanging out listening to everything. By this time, there is a long line behind me. Don't you think one of them would have had the sense to open another register? Not today, ladies and gents, not today.

Back to the discussion at hand...Ms. Not So Nice is putting the box of candle refills in my face telling me this is the item on sale....right we know that. I am telling her the ad states scented oil refills AND shows a picture of the single refill. I ask what is the 1-to-3 count refill. She said it is the oil candle refills. Really??? I have never seen a 1-count refill on the oil candles, but of course she has. She tells me that the 4-in-a-pack is a bonus. Really? I see 4-in-a-pack at every store in town. To make this story short...now I tell them I don't want any of the items in question but that I would make some phone calls tomorrow. I ask if she was the manager or if CVS employee #3 was. I didn't get an answer to that other than she told me the manager would be there in the morning at 7 AM. Okay, I can't wait to talk to him.

One more point here that will come in to play in my next saga...the gum that was free was in my first transaction bag. I at least owed tax on that and they didn't give me back my $3 ECB that I was using to pay for my second transaction that was voided. I felt the need to leave the nightmare and deal with it later. At this point I needed a drink and I DON'T DRINK!

To be continued...

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment