Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thinking Outside The Hamburger Helper Box

My 1st trip to HT
Oops! The steaks are hiding the Nilla Wafers

Wednesday was a very good day at Harris Teeter. Sleeping Beauty and I made two trips to HT...one in the morning and one before dinner. I'll be honest...I used my VIC card and a family member's VIC card. I did multiple transactions in order to roll the catalinas.

What made my totals so good were the catalinas for Green Giant and Pillsbury PLUS the "buy 20 GM products and get $6 instantly" deal. And the $4 CVS coupon also helped.

But enough of that, let's get to the good stuff. This is the trip summary for my two trips:

Shelf Price - $118.55
TOTAL OOP - $13.05

I still have one catalina left...$3 off the purchase of beef. And I found a $4 rebate for meat purchase. The B1G1 ribeyes cost $7.41 total minus the $4 rebate = 3.41 for two ribeye steaks. LOVE IT!

My 2nd trip

I had to get M&Ms for Princess Pinch's class for some kind of school project. And I needed dishwasher detergent. I did not have coupons for either of those items. BUT with the $6 off GM AND the $4 CVS Q, things worked out just perfectly.

I also bought lots of Hamburger Helper...3 out of 4 people in my house HATE this stuff. The person that likes it is only 5 and she doesn't cook so her opinion is pretty much ignored. But sometimes you have to think outside the box when you shop. Do I need it? NO. Will we have it for dinner? Not unless Princess Pinch cooks dinner and that won't happen for a few years. Why did I buy it? Because it was FREE and it helped with the GM deal. Will I donate it? Most definitely YES.

I talked to Sleeping Beauty this morning...she is still flying high from her 2nd HT shopping experience. And I am proud for her. Just wait until you hear about it! You will be amazed.

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment