Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Rite Plan

I went into Rite Aid today with a plan and a $4/$20 coupon. There were some unexpected sales so I changed my plan just a little. After just a little modification, I used my $5/$25 coupon (that I wasn't planning on using) on the first transaction and the $4/$20 coupon in the second transaction.

This trip went like this (not everything is pictured) -

First transaction:
2 Suave body washes
6 packs Trident gum (not pictured, gave to Dad on the way home)
2 boxes Playtex tampons
1 Reach toothbrush
1 J&J baby lotion

Subtotal after Qs - $6.97
Tax - $1.51
Total - $8.48

I got back $11 in +UP rewards

Second transaction:
1 Glade candle holder (clearance item)
3 PINK plastic kiddie chairs (clearance items)
3 boxes Kleenex (clearance items, gave one to Dad, not pictured)
3 canisters of Gerber Puffs (one grandbaby loves these, the other grandbaby isn't old enough for them yet)
1 box Glade scented candle refills

Subtotal after Qs and some of the +UP rewards - 98¢
Tax - 63¢
Total - $1.61

Total combined for two transactions $10.09, and I still have $4 in +UP rewards. It is like paying $6.09 for everything. Works for ME!

Ms. Pinch & I got to shop together today. Shhh, don't tell her I told you but I think I gave her a headache!

==Sleeping Beauty==

1 comment:

  1. Just to set the record straight, I didn't get a headache "shopping" with you. I got a headache because I didn't eat breakfast or lunch and I was hungry. You wouldn't stop and feed me! If you would have bought a bunch of Air Wick or Glade at either of those stores, I would have eaten it! I was that hungry. You don't know how close I came to eating a little baby's Gerber treats and your dad's cookies. I'm nice to the very young and to my elders. It's the people in between that I'm not so nice to!

    ReplyDelete