Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

How Low Can You Go?

Let me tell you a secret...you see I have a confession to make for myself and Ms. Pinch. We have a real problem. We need to stop our competition with Harris Teeter. We need to stop seeing just how low we can go. But we CAN'T and we WILL NOT. And this, my friends, is why.

Everything that you see pictured cost me less than $1. That's right, I paid with change, just a few coins. Can it get any better?? You betcha! It can and it did! After paying with my change, I got back a $3 catalina and a $2 catalina. That's $5 back, in case anyone is counting.

Okay, here is the lowdown. I got 33 items and paid 51 CENTS! That is it, total with tax. I had a negative balance and had to purchase a candy bar for $1. If I had been thinking, I would have bought the marked down bubbles for 50¢ and only paid a penny!

Well, I have finally passed Coupons 101. Maybe I'll receive a certificate! Nah...I cause the teacher too many headaches. But while we are on the subject, I need to take a moment to THANK my teacher MS. PINCH. So THANK YOU MS. PINCH from the bottom of my plain pea picking heart for teaching me everything that you have in the past nine months.

Anybody need a Kleenex? I just happen to have some. Okay, sniff, sniff.

Here is the math:

My coupons tendered were $79.49 (that includes Qs and VIC).

My balance was $8.65 - $6 for General Mills = $2.65 - $4 (CVS Q) = negative $1.35. That is when the candy bar came in the picture. It was $1, so now I'm at negative 35¢. Add the tax of 86¢ and you get 51 CENTS.

So that's how it happens in Never, Never Land. I never, never thought about what I would be paying on this trip. Ha! I guess it was a trip...wonder what tomorrow will bring!!!

Just in case you want to know, this is a rundown of what I actually purchased:

6 boxes Hamburger Helper
6 boxes Betty Crocker potatoes
2 packs Nabisco cookies
3 Febreze air fresheners
1 box Nilla Wafers
2 boxes Kahiki egg rolls
3 boxes "PLAIN" Green Giant veggies
4 Grands biscuits
1 Pillsbury Sweet Moments
1 pack Danimals
3 Oiko's yogurt

Oh my gosh and the candy bar!

That's 33 items, you know in case anyone is counting!

Happy Hunting!

==Sleeping Beauty==

1 comment:

  1. Sleeping Beauty, thank you for the compliment. Good job, my friend. By the way, my headache is gone. I think I had caffeine withdrawal. I drank a Mt. Dew and I feel fine now. I probably would have felt better sooner if I had been offered a candy bar!

    ReplyDelete