Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Inside Scoop And Other Rite Aid Tales

I went to Rite Aid this afternoon. My Rite Aid was out of a lot of things that I had on my "Plan A" list. So I went to "Plan B" and then settled for things on my "Plan C" list. Rite Aid did not have the 130-count Bufferin, the Boudreaux's Butt Paste and the Gain dish liquid. I got a rain check for the dish liquid and the Butt Paste...good stuff but the name just cracks me up! Gain dish liquid is on sale for 89¢ and there was a $1 Q in last Sunday's paper. There was a very, very nice cashier working today who told me that this Rite Aid did not get any of the Gain dish liquid this week but it might be in next week's shipment. The Butt Paste is on sale for $3.99. I have a $3 off Rite Aid Q and a manufacturer Q for $2...free Butt Paste, which will make some little baby's butt real happy!

The Chex Mix was B1G1. I had a tearpad Q for $1.10 off each bag. Final cost on two bags of Chex Mix was 79¢.

I also got the Nivea men's body wash (which was on the "Plan C" list). I don't really need this but I had to buy something else so I could use my $5 off $25 Rite Aid Q. The body wash is on sale for $3. I had a $1 Q and got a $2 +Up Reward.

The Charmin is on sale for $12.99 (regular price is $18.99). I had a 25¢ Q for that (totally embarrassing and a waste of paper)!

The Oral B toothbrushes are on sale for $2.69. I bought two of these because I had a B1G1 Q and a 75¢/1 Q. Final OOP cost for two toothbrushes was $1.94. I get $1 back when I send in for the rebate. Not a great price for two toothbrushes, but this also was on my "Plan C" list.

The toothbrushes would have been free (after rebate) and the Charmin $1.50 cheaper IF I could have used coupons from the Rite Aid Booklet. Which leads me to the inside scoop...

Sleeping Beauty and I have been to several Rite Aids and asked about this booklet. Either nobody knows what we are talking about or tells us that Rite Aid no longer offers coupon books. But the very, very nice cashier today told me this booklet does indeed exist and is only supposed to be given out if a customer gets a flu shot. He said this Rite Aid hasn't got their flu shot shipment in and the booklets will be delivered with the flu shots. He also said that the Rite Aids that do not offer the flu shot may have the booklets and only give them out to "certain" customers. I called Customer Service and was told that the booklet is only for customers who get the flu shot. So my question is...has anyone got this booklet WITHOUT getting a flu shot? I WANT THIS COUPON BOOKLET!! After all, that booklet would have saved me another $2.50 today.

Spent OOP today: $13.88
Coupons Used: $11.89

Got a $2 +UP Reward
Rebates: $1

Not great, but still not too bad considering I did want the Charmin at $12.99.

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment