Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

She Doesn't Eat Air Wick, Does She?

Even though I buy a lot of Air Wick and Glade, I don't eat them. And "buy" might not be the best word..."bring home" is better since Glade and Air Wick products are so cheap. Pinch and I actually do buy food at the stores.

This is a meal Mr. Beauty and I had for dinner last week.

Steak (thick cut Ribeye, 3 in a pack $10.09) = $3.36 for 1
Hamburger Steak (I don't eat Ribeyes) = 92¢
Bread ($1.49; used half) = 75¢
Lettuce (99¢/head; used 1/4) = 25¢
Baked Potatoes (3/$1.44; used 2) = 96¢
Feta cheese for salad (entire container less than $1) = .10
Other condiments for salad and baked potato (butter, sour cream, cheese, salad dressing and croutons) = FREE

Meal for two adults: $6.34

I wonder how much this meal would cost at a steakhouse?

Mr. Beauty and I ate at Burger King recently and spent over $6 for two whoppers and fries. I found a receipt for Taco Bell...I spent $3.52 for two tacos and cheesy potatoes.

I saved my receipts for the rebates. The cost of the Ribeye and Hamburger Steak will be covered by the $7.50 Coors Light rebate. And the lettuce and potatoes will be included in the $5 Blue Moon rebate. So...the cost of my meal just dropped to less than $1.

Now tell me that sending in rebates and shopping with coupons is too much trouble!!

==Sleeping Beauty==

3 comments:

  1. Now somebody top that one! I know, I know, Ms. Pinch is a much better shopper than me, so I can't wait to see what she had for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff, Sniff. I smell a challenge! I'll post about our dinner in a while. I probably CANNOT top less than $1 for a Steak dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure you can and you did!

    ReplyDelete