Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rite Aid Kisses

Just a quick trip to Rite Aid for one strand of white Christmas lights for a PINK Christmas tree! I was amazed to find the white lights on a white cord, just what I needed for the pink tree. You can't have white lights on a green cord on a pink tree...just in case anyone didn't know that little tidbit. Pink lights on a pink cord was asking way to much.

Okay, so I got my lights. The last set they had on a white cord! I also knew I needed to spend at least $5 to use my $5 in +UP rewards. Before I left, I was semi-prepared to get the Hershey Kisses since we didn't get the Q for the Hershey's Pot of Gold in our SS today. (That was my first plan to reach $5). Long story for such a short trip! I grabbed my Hershey Kisses Qs and printed some from the VV site. Off I go.

The buggy had three bags of Kisses and a set of lights, but that didn't work. I had a negative balance. I had noticed the Starlight peppermint candies on the way to the register for $1.50 per bag so I went back and grabbed those. Well, we still had a no-go. The peppermint candies were on sale for 99¢, which I didn't know. After adding the peppermint candy, I had a negative balance of 2¢. Geez Louise...instead of just grabbing the cheapest thing near the register I decided to go for more Hershey Kisses.

This is my outcome:
2 bags of regular Kisses
2 bags of almond Kisses
2 bags of cherry Kisses (these taste just like chocolate covered cherries) *New* at least we have never had them. Yummy!
1 set of white lights (on that white cord)
1 bag of peppermint candy

Subtotal: $1.68
Tax: $1.14
Total OOP: $2.82 and I got back $3 in +UP rewards

==Sleeping Beauty==

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a picture of the pink Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete