Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Deals Keep Coming At Rite Aid

Woo Hoo! There is an awesome deal at Rite Aid if you are in the market for free pencils and/or rulers. Believe it or not...without coupons! They are on sale for 99¢ and you get a $2 +UP reward. Free AND a money maker! The sign said $2 +UP when you purchase this product. It didn't say you had to buy two and I forgot to get one rung up at a time to see if it would work that way. I had a plan and had to alter it seeing as they didn't have a few items that I went after. It all worked like this:

1 pack of paper clips @ $1.79 (I should have gotten $2 +UP according to the sign...I didn't and just now realized/remembered it.)
4 rulers @ 99¢ each = $3.96 (I received two $2 +UP rewards = $4. I should have gotten $4 more in +UP.)
4 packs of Pilot easy touch pens @ $2.29 each = $9.16 (I received two $4 +UP rewards = $8.)
3 packs of 7-Up @ 3/$9.99 (I received $2 +UP rewards.) These are not in the picture.
2 packs of Mr. Goodbar @ 50¢ each (I had two peelie Qs for 75¢ off of one Hershey's that I got at Food Lion). These are also not in the picture, and no I haven't eaten them...Yet!
1 Hershey almond bar (I had to buy it because my subtotal was negative 10¢.)

Before any sales my total was $32.72.
Sale price was $26.40.

After the $5/$25 RA Q, the total was $21.40.
Minus $1.50 Hershey's Qs, the total was $19.90.

I paid with my $20 Gift of Savings Gift Certificate.
My subtotal was negative 10¢.

This is where it gets tricky...I am not really sure how this came to be but my tax was 11¢ so I paid ONE PENNY OOP for everything. I can follow it to the subtotal but after that you got me. There was an overage of 50¢ because of the Hershey Qs. I don't know if that came into play or not.

Now I received my +UP rewards of $14 to spend another time and I am due $6 more for the paper clips and pencils. Looks like I will be going back to my very friendly Rite Aid in the near future. That is $14 that I have for spending ONE PENNY, JUST ONE PENNY. My $6 due makes it $20 total for that ONE PENNY!

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment