Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

CVS Good Deal Gone Bad

Here we go again with a CVS employee having a bad day and taking it out on customers. Namely ME! (Read my "Nightmare on CVS Street" post in August.)

I went to CVS to purchase some Zhu Zhu Pets. I'm sure I can find someone to give them to for Christmas. Shouldn't be a problem. Ms. Pinch had done this deal and it went somewhat smoothly for her two times at a different CVS than the one I was going to. My first mistake...choosing the wrong CVS to shop at. Here I go with my $4/$20 coupon and a B2G1 free CVS Q for the rats. I can use both of them to get a really good deal.

Zhu Zhu's are in stock...I should have known there would be a problem right then. I need to add I did the P&G deal on Pampers, Gain, and Pantene to get $10 in ECB. No problem there. Now it is time for the Zhu Zhu's to be rung up. Oh, and CVS had the pets on sale B1G1.

To get to the point, Ms. Pinch had explained this deal to me more than once. Sometimes I just don't get it. But I did finally and thought I had it all figured out. My nice and friendly cashier had no problems with anything until it came to the B2G1 coupon. It just wouldn't scan. She had to call a manager up to help. OH NO, big trouble. I explained to the manager after she rang up my pets and had some ridiculous total that it wasn't right. She didn't agree with me. I again explained my total would be like I was paying for one of the pets. She re-rang the four, got $15 and something...re-rang them again and got some other amount. Believe me, I had a piece of paper with everything written down. It's my way of keeping things straight (sometimes). HA! I told this manager that a friend of mine had done this deal earlier and it did work. I didn't know what the problem was but it wasn't working. My total should have been $7 and something. Multiple times we did this re-ringing. Finally we got to $11.41 including tax. The manager person tells me that is the way it is, after all I was basically paying for one pet. I paid that amount and left. Oh, I did call Ms. Pinch from the store to ask how the cashier that waited on her made this work. I did this for the CVS manager trying to help her, still to no avail. She even called another guy up to the front and he told her something that I didn't hear just to get my total down to the $11.41. I was ready to leave.

Moving on, when I got home I realized that she had not taken my $4/$20 coupon from my total. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM! I should have paid $7 and something, not $11.

Yes, I had to go back to CVS after dinner. My nice friendly cashier is still there. (You may have forgotten about her already.) I told her what the problem was and she had to get Ms. MEANager back up to the front. Well we waited, and waited, and waited for management to show up. She may be on a 30 minute break, or she maybe was taking out the trash, I was told. Either way she finally shows up and refuses to do anything, seems my total didn't reach $20. It more than does before scanning the CVS card and before any Qs. At this point I am not a happy camper, I wasn't before but it was okay. Now it is not okay. She finally tells me I need to spend 22¢ more as she is walking away. Now wait just a minute, can you explain that in just a little more detail??? No way was she going to do that. She left me, the customer, and the poor cashier to figure it out. Okay fine we do. I really needed to spend 24¢ to hit the magic $20 mark. We have to call for Ms. MEANager to come back. The cashier doesn't know how to give me back $4 after I spend 33¢ on a piece of candy to reach my $20 mark. We wait some more. Finally "SHE" decides to come back to the front after being called numerous times, rings up the candy and walks away. The nice cashier doesn't know what to do next...seems the manager hadn't rang up the candy. She just rang up somehow to give me $4. So the deal finally worked. And I do mean finally...this process took 45 minutes of being in the store.

I was determined to call corporate Monday morning but decided not to, just let it go and breathe.

Fast forward to Wednesday night...I was out and decided to run in CVS and scan my card to see what I might get from the magic coupon machine. I was hoping for another $2.50 Q off the Planter's nuts. Well, I have to have those...they are only 5¢ total. I didn't even take my pocketbook in so I had to go to the car to get a nickel. Guess who saw me come in the door the first time? Ms. MEANager. She came out of the office and went to the back of the store. Hmmm, what is up with her? I should have just yelled Hello to her. Okay I had to stand in line for a few minutes to give up my nickel for the nuts. When it is my turn to pay, the phone rings right by the register and the nice cashier answers it. The nice cashier says SHE JUST CAME IN TO BUY SOMETHING! Well now we can guess who was on the other end of that phone, can't we?? AND we can guess who she is talking about, can't we??? After all, we aren't stupid! Well that is all fine and good, I just happened to know that there were a few upper CVS employees in the store so don't think that I didn't have a nice conversation with one of them about a certain CVS employee's attitude on Sunday night and Wednesday night. One more thing, I did call corporate today and am waiting to hear back from the district manager. I will let you all know the outcome of this one. Should we take a vote? Am I right or wrong? Just where is customer service these days? This one is for you T. Where were you when I needed you?

==Sleeping Beauty==

1 comment:

  1. The CVS district manager called me today. He was very nice and interested in what I had to say. We had a very pleasant conversation concerning couponing and other shopping habits. Will keep everyone posted if any thing else develops!

    ReplyDelete