Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Black Friday Flashback

I'm late in getting this done. Sorry! My Black Friday shopping wasn't too exciting, but I did get most of what I went after. Never again will I go at 3 AM...NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!

I am usually a night owl so staying up was my choice. Mr. Beauty was going with me but he took a nap from 8 PM till 1 AM. Here I am wide awake, still checking on the sales, and making my list around 11:30 PM...not too much longer before 2:30 AM, the time we were leaving to go to Kohl's. I can make it, so I thought. Close to midnight I decided to lay on the sofa for a few minutes. Of course, I fell asleep but woke up just a couple of minutes past midnight. Mr. Beauty is up at 1 AM like he planned. I thought I would jump in the bed for a few minutes with my clothes on so all I had to do was put on my shoes when the bewitching hour came around. Wrong! I fell asleep and awoke to a ringing telephone! It was Ms. Pinch...she and her daughter Little Miss Sunshine were already in line at Target. It was 2 AM. I am glad that she called seeing as who knows when Mr. Beauty would have decided I should wake up. Time to rise and shine! We were out the door by 2:30 AM and at Kohl's by 3 AM. The line was ridiculous. It looked like every person in town was at Kohl's. The line went from the front door all the way around the building. People are going in the store by the time we found a parking place, but we still had to stand in line at the side of the building. I got exactly what I went for, no problem. It only took 10 minutes tops to get my five items. The line to pay was worse than the one that was outside when we arrived. No way am I going to stand in line forever to get five items and besides that I wanted to be at Target at 4 AM or close to it. We put the things back and left to go to Target...not the one by Kohl's but the other one. The line at the nearby Target was worse than ridiculous.

We arrive at the other Target just a few minutes after 4 AM. I got most of what I wanted, some things were already gone but not a big deal to me. The line to pay was again not an option. What was I thinking??? Okay, let's put these Target things back and go back to Kohl's. Yes, believe it or not that is what we did. Back at Kohl's, I got the same things I went for the first time. We checked out at 5:50 AM and then drove back to Target and got everything that I had the first time and checked out at 7:24 AM. We did stop at McDonald's for a biscuit on the way.

Moral of my story: I could have gone to bed, got up around 6 AM and still got most of what I wanted. When I got home I went to bed, got up at 1:00 PM and went to work. Have I lost my mind? That is a matter of opinion...and NO I don't want any answers to that question!

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment