Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stockpiling: What and How


What should you stockpile? Any product you use that is free (or close to it). Matching manufacturer and store coupons with sales will get you a ton of things for free.

How can I stockpile when there are never any coupons for things I use? Oh really! You don't use toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, a toothbrush, razors, shaving cream or make up? You don't need mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, salad dressing or barbecue sauce? You don't like yogurt, ice cream, cheese or cereal? You never clean your house, wash your dishes or do laundry? Then maybe there aren't any coupons for you. But if you do use these items and more, there are plenty of coupons out there that you can use.

Just remember, you shouldn't be brand loyal or store loyal. Your loyalty should be to any store that has a good sale and to any brand that is free/cheap. Be adventurous. Try new things. Some things you will like, some you won't.

I only eat organic foods? Good, there are lots of coupons for organic products. Even if you only eat organic foods, you still need toilet paper!

How do I start stockpiling? First, make a list of things you use regularly.
1. Personal care items
2. Paper products
3. Baby items
4. Cleaning supplies
5. Make-up
6. Non-perishable food items
7. Perishable food items
8. Anything else you can think of

Next, break each category down. Let's focus on personal care items.
Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, body wash, shower gel, soap, deodorant, shaving cream, razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, mouthwash, contact solution, facial cleaner, lotions, feminine products....

Believe it or not, just in this category, there will be something every week for free or just pennies. I got each of the items in these pictures either free or ridiculously cheap. And some of these products I was paid to take! These pictures show just a sampling of my personal care stockpile items.


Am I hoarding? I don't think so. I have never cleaned off a store shelf. I always leave products for other shoppers. I, or a member of my family, will use these products. If we can't use it, I give it away to a food pantry, food drive, or to someone I know that needs it worse than I need it. I am not a compulsive shopper. I don't spend money just to spend money (mainly because I don't have extra money to spend). I plan my shopping trips, and I try not to buy impulsively. I am also not a super-organized person. I am busy, just like each of you. But I make the time to cut coupons (and it really is not that much time). And I do have interests and hobbies other than couponing. This is not the only thing I have to do.

Using coupons has made a difference in my budget. We have more food and cleaning products than ever and I have spent less money getting them.

I buy three newspapers every week. I usually buy my papers at Walgreens with Register Rewards. I will stockpile faster than someone who buys one newspaper; but not as fast as someone who buys six newspapers. How fast you stockpile is a personal choice. What you stockpile is a personal choice. But there is something out there for everyone. A stockpile is not built overnight, in a week or in a month. It is built over time, one item at a time

If you have never used coupons or are unsure how to take advantage of the great sales, contact us at qponswithclass@aol.com and set up a class. We will teach you how to save money using coupons, store coupon policies, how to organize your coupons, building your stockpile, and tips we have learned in our coupon journey.

By the way, I also stockpile dirty laundry...I'll spare you the pictures!

**Pinch**

Disclaimer: Some stores require that you pay tax on free items.

No comments:

Post a Comment