Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Monday, July 19, 2010

"She Works Hard For The Money"


Rite Aid - "Whoever said money can't buy happiness
simply didn't know where to go shopping.”


Okay I'm not Donna Summer and Pinch worked harder than I did at Rite Aid for me. I couldn't come up with a movie quote so I had to go to songs. "Take The Money And Run" sounds like a robbery! That was my next choice, so tell me what you think.

Sunday's Shopping Trip 7/18

As Pinch has told you we went to Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS on Sunday. The following is what I purchased and paid.


At Walgreens I spent 34 cents two times. I got 2 packs of Pilot G2 pens (love these pens) and 4 packs of Bic brite liners. The liners were 49 cents per pack on sale and the G2 pens were $1.19 per pack. There is a coupon in the July Walgreens coupon booklet (found in the store with the sale ad) for $1 off of the G2 pens. So the G2's cost 19 cents per pack. I used a $1 RR from last week on each transaction. My subtotal was 17 cents, tax 17 cents, total OOP 34 cents times 2 = 68 cents total.

Next stop Rite Aid. I purchased 3 Air Wick motion activated air refreshers, Zegerid, Motrin, 2 bags of Chex Mix and 2 candy bars. I had to buy the candy bars because my subtotal was negative after coupons. The subtotal stayed negative $1.75 even after the candy bar purchase. Tax was $2.15 and the negative $1.75 made my OOP 40 CENTS! Plus I got $7 +UP reward and $2 +UP reward to spend on future purchases. I can send in a rebate on the Zegerid to add more money in my pocket.


Rite Aid...my new BFF

Last stop CVS. I purchased paper towels (had to have them) and 6 bags of M&M's. The paper towels were on sale. I should have bought them at Rite Aid with my +UP rewards but was so excited about my 40 cent bill that paper towels were not important at that time and they were on sale at CVS. Anyway I spent $8.38 at CVS and got $1 in ECB.

My total OOP on Sunday's shopping spree was $9.46 for everything at all 3 stores and I have $10 in store rewards to spend next week. Don't forget, I will send in the rebate on Zegerid for $10.

It sounds like we hard for the money, but it was so much fun to be paid to shop.

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment