Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Friday, July 16, 2010

School Supplies


I'm almost ready for the kids to go back to school. The school mailed out the supply list in early June. For the past month, I have been getting school supplies for two kids (kindergarten and 1st grade). Between the two lists, I have accumulated:

1 refill pack of baby wipes
1 pack of pencils
1 pack of pencil-top erasers
1 pencil box
1 spiral bound notebook
1 pack of colored pencils
1 pack of highlighters
1 box of band-aids
1 box of gallon-size zipper bags
2 bottles of hand sanitizer
2 packs of dry erase markers
2 packs of Clorox wipes
2 packs of markers
2 boxes of baby wipes
2 rolls of paper towels
3 pairs of scissors
3 Mead primary journals
4 boxes of tissues
5 packs of crayons
9 folders
40 glue sticks

40 glue sticks??? Is this how you get a kid to sit still...you glue him to the seat? Just wondering!!

I got additional supplies just in case extras were needed during the school year. I still need to buy a dry board eraser. I used RR, coupons and watched for great store sales. I spent less than $10 OOP for everything (or $5 per child).

Since I have done so well on school supplies, I promised the kids they could get the book bag of their choice. (They didn't want the B1G1 plain book bags at Walgreens.) Young Jedi Pinch picked his out at Walmart last night...How To Train Your Dragon...which came with a lunchbox. Princess Pinch picked out iCarly and it was on sale (that's my girl!!). She is still trying to find the perfect lunchbox.

Next on the list...school uniforms. There goes the budget!

**Pinch**

1 comment: