Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Challenge Continues


Goodies from Harris Teeter

I didn't shop on Monday or Tuesday. The sale ads came out today for HT, FL and LF. One word comes to mind...terrible. I didn't see very much in any of the sale ads but that didn't stop me from getting a few things.

I passed by Target this morning so I decided to stop for milk. Milk is $2.19 a gallon there (cheaper than the grocery store). And if you take your own bag, Target will give you a discount of 5 cents per bag. So after adding the tax and deducting the bag discount, I actually paid $2.18 for the milk!

Shelf Price and Tax: $2.23
Coupons Used: 0
Target Bag Discount: $.05
Cash Spent: $2.18
Rewards Received: 0
Rebates To Be Mailed: 0

Later in the afternoon, I passed by Harris Teeter. I got a few things (pictured above.) The highlights of this trip were:

Mission Tortillas: 2.89 - 1.39 VIC = 1.50 (.75 internet coupon doubled made this FREE)
Kraft Cheese and Dairy Catalina: Buy 5 participating products and get $5 OYNO catalina AND Kraft will donate 5 meals to Feeding America. I bought the Philly Cream Cheese and Sour Cream in the first transaction and spent $6.45 after qs. I used the catalina on the second transaction.

Shelf Price and Tax: $41 - $11.16 VIC = $29.84
Coupons Used: $7.69
Catalina Spent: $5
Cash Spent: $17.15
Rewards Received: 0
Rebates To Be Mailed: 0

Mr. Pinch informed me tonight that he needed 2 bags of ice. So I headed out to Food Lion. It wasn't really out of the way since I had to pick Princess Pinch up at Vacation Bible School and a Food Lion is nearby. I bought 2 bags of ice, spray butter, cantaloupe and bananas. The Bestlife spray butter was free after a store coupon. I have plenty of these coupons if anybody wants one. Let me know.

Shelf Price and Tax: $10.17 - $2.25 MVP = $7.92
Coupons Used: $1
Rewards Used: 0
Cash Spent: $6.92
Rewards Received: 1 Food Lion lottery ticket (waste of paper)
Rebates To Be Mailed: 0

Week-To-Date Totals:
Shelf Price and Tax: $104.77
Coupons Used: $46.43
Rewards Spent: $11.50
Cash Spent: $46.84

Cash Left To Spend This Week: $3.16
Rewards: $11 +UP (Rite Aid); $3 (CVS)
Rebates To Be Mailed: $16.99 ($10 Zegerid; $6.99 Renpure)


Just in case anybody is wondering, this is what we have eaten this week for dinner: Sunday night was steak, green beans and baked potato; Monday was homemade vegetable soup (yeah I know it's hot but we had a craving for soup); Tuesday was egg, bacon, cheese and onion omelets; tonight we had roast beef, broccoli and potato wedges. Tomorrow I plan on fixing chicken and pasta; Friday night we are going to a cookout; Saturday night will be tacos, rice and beans. And the freezer is still full of meat. Plus we haven't eaten out at restaurants or fast food places. My dinner menu is already planned for the next three weeks.

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment