Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trying It Twice

I stopped by CVS this morning after I took the Little Pinches to school. The red magic machine popped out more $5 Halloween ECBs. Wow, CVS has given these wonderful ECBs twice in one week. (I got three $5 ECBs...I have my card, Mr. Pinch's card, and my daughter's card.)

In the first transaction I bought two pairs of socks ($2.50 each). I owed nothing...no tax! In the second transaction I bought the "Beware" and "Boo To You" table decor signs. These were $2.99 each or $2.50 each when you buy two. Again, I owed nothing...no tax! In the third transaction I bought the Trick or Treat bowl ($2.99) and two pumpkin drinking cups (99¢ each). That totals $4.97 and the ECB is $5...and I owed 39¢ tax. I'm not complaining, but that just seems strange to me that I would owe tax just on that one when the total was below the value of the ECB.

If you have already gotten one $5 Halloween ECB, go back to CVS and see if you are lucky enough to get another one. I am going to check back in a couple of days and see if I get more. I hope CVS does again with the Christmas decorations...like I need more Christmas junk!

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment