Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm Having A Party

And I will be serving Chex Mix! And all of you are invited.

First, let me give you a little background. When Sleeping Beauty and I shopped at Harris Teeter during a recent Super Doubles Spectacular Coupon Event, I would buy Chex Mix as a filler for the General Mills deal. I bought lots of Chex Mix, so much Chex Mix that the last time I walked into Harris Teeter and saw the Chex Mix display I almost barfed! Between the Chex Mix and Hamburger Helper, I don't know which one makes more more nauseated...although the peeps in my house will actually eat the Chex Mix.

That fateful day that I almost wet my pants started out like any normal day. When I heard the doorbell, I looked out the window and saw that it was the UPS man. Great, I thought, Mr. Pinch's new work computer is here. So I go and get the box...but it's not for Mr. Pinch, it's for me. I looked at the box and it's a "Host Kit" from "My Get Together". I am beyond excited. I just know that I won the Star Wars House Party that I entered. Oh, Young Jedi Pinch is going to be soooo excited. I run into the house with my box. (Okay I didn't really run, but I did walk really, really fast!) I put the box on the table, thinking the whole time I WON...I WON. I'm so excited! I open the box...and I am stunned! I am just totally speechless.

Before I could even think, I pick up the phone and call Sleeping Beauty. Then it hits me how funny this is, and I start laughing. And I laughed and I laughed. You know the kind of laughter I'm talking about...the kind where you start snorting. Sleeping Beauty is on the phone not knowing if I'm laughing or crying...asking me if I'm okay, does she need to call 9-1-1. I am laughing so hard...I'm trying to talk but I can't. Finally she makes out the words "I Won". Then she repeats "Party". She repeats again "You won a party?" And I still can't talk because I'm laughing and trying not to wet my pants. Then she asks what kind of party..."Please don't tell me it's a Hamburger Helper party!" Then that makes me laugh even more. Finally I get the words out "CHEX MIX...I WON A CHEX MIX PARTY...WITH COUPONS!" That's right, I have MORE Chex Mix...assorted varieties...with 45 coupons...and a Chex Mix bowl...and paper plates...and napkins.

Then I start reading the letter, and Sleeping Beauty starts laughing. I am to invite 15 friends and give each friend 3 coupons each. Yes 3, not 2, not 4, but 3 each!

I don't want to seem ungrateful and I thank the General Mills company...but CHEX MIX!?! Do you know how many bags of Chex Mix I have? It seems that I filled out a long survey about how much I like Chex Mix. I don't remember doing that but apparently I did. I am supposed to have a party and serve Chex Mix. So if you come to my party, I am serving Chex Mix...and nothing else! And the first 15 guests will get 3 coupons.

Consider yourself lucky...I could be inviting you to a Hamburger Helper party. Yum Yum!

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment