Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Behind The Mission

Saturday night I received the following message: Good evening Ms. Pinch. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to get Princess Pinch and Young Jedi Pinch each a Pillow Pet to be delivered to them on Christmas Eve. Pillow pets are currently priced at $19.99 at Rite Aid. Sincerely, Santa Claus

Well, when the big fat guy in the red suit sends a message like that, you have to accept it. And I really don't want to spend $19.99 x 2 for these Pillow Pets. Plus I need candy for the treat-or-treaters this weekend. (And don't you love how he is going to take credit for all my hard work!!)

In my first transaction, this is what I bought:

Two single Butterfingers are not pictured

Coupons Used:
Cottonelle - Free Q (received in mail last week)
Butterfinger - B1G1 Q
Ace Instant Cold Compress -$1.50 Q x 4 (each Q adjusted down to $1.29)
Advil - Free Q (received in mail last week)
Nivea - $1
Rite Aid $4 off $20
Rite Aid $1 Video Value Q

OOP 87¢ plus $1.02 tax = $1.89
Received $5 +UP Rewards (Nivea)


In the second transaction, I bought 10 bags of Halloween candy at $2.50 each. I used a $5 off $25 RA Q, $5 +UP from last week, 4 $1 Manufacturer Qs, and $1 RA Video Value Q.

OOP $10 plus 31¢ tax = $10.31
Received $10 +UP Reward (Candy)


Now I am ready to buy one of the Pillow Pets at $19.99. I used $4 off $20 RA Q, $10 +UP and $5 +UP (Nivea).

OOP 99¢ plus $1.24 tax = $2.23
Received $2 +UP Reward


My totals:
Retail $68.60
OOP $14.43
+UP Rewards $2

Of course, I could have just bought the Pillow Pet less $5 +UP Reward from last week and $4 off $20 RA Q, and paid $10.99 plus tax. But what fun would that have been. Besides I needed the candy for Halloween. Now I have to get creative and figure out a way to cheaply get another Pillow Pet!

Mission (Partially) Accomplished!!

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment