Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Target Practice

I dropped by Target this morning just to see if there was anything left after BF. I found a few good deals. But first I must confess something. I got a $10 GC on BF (purchase $100 and get $10 GC). On Sunday, I stopped by Target to buy Young Jedi Pinch some shoes and wanted to use my GC. His shoes cost $17.99 ($19.38 after tax). I gave the cashier my GC and money to pay the difference. Imagine my surprise when he gave me my money back along with the GC, then put the shoes in the bag, gave me my receipt and said thank you. It seems my $10 GC was actually a $20 GC. I thought about it after I got home, and I felt guilty. I knew something was not right. So I confessed today at Target that I should have only got $10 instead of $20. The wonderful lady at Customer Service told me not to worry about it...the registers made a few mistakes on BF. It seems their loss is my gain. So if you got a GC on BF, you might want to check to see if you got a little Christmas surprise.

Now back to today's shopping. The Tyson bagged chicken nuggets are on sale for $2.50 per bag. You can use a $1 Tyson Q from the HT penguin and get these for $1.50. The only problem is there are none on the freezer shelf. There are plenty of the Tyson chicken strips but those are not on sale. (Just a word of warning in case you pick up the wrong thing.) I got a raincheck for six bags so I will be ready when the freezer shelf is restocked.

I did get the Vaseline lotion. The lotion is $2.64. I used a $1 Q plus a $1.50 Target Q. The final price for the lotion is 14¢.

Mountain Dew 12-packs are 4/$11. I used a $1/2 Target Q making each 12-pack $2.25, which is a good price for this Mountain Dew lover.

The Sauve shampoo is $1.07...use $1 Target Q and these are 7¢. My mom likes this shampoo so I will be putting these in her Christmas basket.

My total today was $5.17. It should have been less. I used my own shopping bag and should have got a 5¢ credit. When I asked if the credit had been applied, the cashier said I can't get a bag credit when I use coupons!! What?!? I know it is only 5¢ but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The 5¢ is not going to bankrupt me but that just ticks me off. I confessed about the $10 overpayment on my GC and I was prepared to give Target their $10 back. But it was treated like it wasn't a big deal and I was told to keep my money. On the other hand, the 5¢ bag credit is a big deal because I used coupons! That's just wrong. Maybe it is just me, maybe it's just my mood today, but that just makes no sense to me.

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment