Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Comic Relief

Sleeping Beauty and I spent the past week plotting what we were going to get on Black Friday (BF). We were calling each other all day on Thursday sharing last minute tips and scoops. Sleeping Beauty went shopping with Mr. Beauty and I'm sure she will report about her experience in the next few days. I went shopping with my daughter, Little Miss Sunshine, or her BF name...Little-Miss-I-Can't-Believe-I'm-Doing-This. She was a lot of fun...really...I'm not being sarcastic. She was a lot of fun! This is the first time Little Miss Sunshine has been BF shopping. Usually she spends BF as the sales associate dealing with all the unhappy customers who didn't get one of the two computers advertised in the sale paper.

Little Miss Sunshine picked me up at 1:30 AM. We headed out to Target with all the store fliers, the Target Store map, and a list of things we wanted. On the way there, we got organized and we strategized.

The Target parking lot was packed and the line was L-O-N-G. At 2:45, a very nice Security Guard announced that all the tickets for one of the TVs had been given out and if that was the only thing people were waiting for, well, it was too bad. A lot of people left and we moved closer to the door. There were probably 150 people ahead of us now. I am so glad the couple in front of us left. They were doing strange things under their blanket! I hope they left and got a room somewhere.

Sleeping Beauty called me...she was at Kohl's. She said it was raining on her side of town. Being a good friend, she shared the rain. As soon as we ended our conversation, the rain started. But never fear, Little Miss Sunshine and I were prepared...we had an umbrella. We shared our huge golf umbrella with the very nice couple behind us. It only rained for a few minutes. Finally, the appointed hour arrived and the doors opened. I have to give Two Thumbs Up to Target. Everything was organized!

I got everything on my list. I had no problem doing price matches.


Wii NHL Slapshot - Target price matched K-Mart's sale price (Target $59.99; K-Mart $39.99...I saved $20)
Kid's Character PJ's - Target price matched Walmart's sale price (Target $5; Walmart $4...I saved $1)
Kid's Slippers - Target price matched Walmart's sale price (Target $5; Walmart $3.50...I saved $1.50)

I also bought the Batman DS game ($7), several pairs of boy's jeans ($6), several pairs of gloves ($1), and several Sandwich Makers ($3). I spent $107.97 and got a $10 gift card. It was worth the wait, especially for the Wii and DS games.

I was home by 5:00 AM, asleep snug in my bed by 5:15, and didn't see daylight again until Noon. I did go to Kohl's after dinner and bought two more Pillow Pets. I used two of the $10 off $20 coupons that were in the paper and also used a 15%-off-total shopping pass that I printed. I think Mr. Pinch and I were the only customers in Kohl's. That place was dead...and thoroughly trashed!

I also bought something tonight that I thought I would never, ever buy...


...a Justin Bieber shirt for Princess Pinch. She is going to be thrilled. I, on the other hand, will probably throw up every time she wears this shirt! The shirt was only $5...I think I overpaid by $4.98!

Now for the comic relief part. Before I tell this story, which I find sooooo funny, I realize that it is not funny to the Police Officer or the person that owns the car. But bear in mind that it was 3:00 in the morning, we have been standing in line for over an hour and still have an another hour's wait, it is raining, and it is slightly on the cold side.

Little Miss Sunshine is standing in the road by the sidewalk. She calmly announces that the Police have arrived. No sooner had she said that when a LOUD BANG is heard. For about two seconds, everything was really quite. Then laughter, LOUD laughter, starts. The Police Officer had a wreck...right in front of the crowd. He slammed right into a car! (No one was hurt or this story would not have been funny.) Just about everyone in the line starts holding up their cell phone to take pictures. I bet within 10 seconds of that Police Officer hitting that car, the pictures were popping up on Facebook. Little Miss Sunshine texted her picture to all her contacts.


About 15 minutes after the accident, three more Police Officers show up. As soon as they parked, they turned on their blue lights. Then the crowd starts laughing again...and taking pictures again.

I feel bad for the person in the car, but it provided a little comic relief to those of us standing in the line.

I hope each of you had a good time shopping on Black Friday. I can't wait to do it again. Only 364 more days!

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment