Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Shop Talk

I went to Harris Teeter Saturday to try out the new electronic e-VIC Qs. By the way, the Penguin is back...so take any Qs you want before they are gone!!

I bought a few of the advertised e-VIC items:
2 lb. package HT Rancher Beef Ground Chuck - $2.99 (limit 1)
6-pack Coca Cola - $1.99 (limit 1)
Cheetos - $1.47 (limit 2)
Gallon of HT Milk - $2.47 (limit 1)

I also bought these items that were on sale:
Morton Sea Salt $1.07 minus $1Q = 7¢
Kool-Aid Jammers $1.99 x 2
Nabisco Crackers B1G1 (bought 2) $3.69 minus $1Q from the Penguin = $2.69
Bagel Bites (Large Box) $5.88 x 2

I also bought bread ($2.69) and bagels ($3.99) at full price! Ouch!!

Now for the electronic e-VIC specials:
2 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes ($1 each) $2 minus 50¢ Manu Q (doubled) AND 50¢ e-VIC Q = 50¢ (or 25¢ per box)
Betty Crocker Cookie Mix $1.50 minus 40¢ Manu Q (doubled) AND 40¢ e-VIC Q = 30¢
Betty Crocker Cake Mix (94¢) and Frosting ($1.50) $2.44 minus 75¢ Manu Q (doubled) AND 50¢ e-VIC Q = 44¢ for both

I used a $5 off $25 Q from CVS. The $5 off $30 e-VIC Q also was deducted.

Shelf Price $74.28
Minus VIC $30.77
Minus CVS Q, paper Qs (doubled) $10.30
Minus e-VIC Qs $6.40
Total OOP $26.81 (excluding tax)

I want to mention a couple of tidbits about the electronic e-VIC Qs. You can only access your list through the email message from HT. You cannot find the e-VIC Q offers when you go through harristeeter.com so don't delete your emails from HT. (Thanks to Sleeping Beauty who found this out the hard way!) You can only use each Q one time then you have to reload the Q to your card. For some reason, the Qs that I used still show up as being on my card but they really aren't on my card. (Hope that makes sense.) The $5 off $30 Q is only deducted AFTER all paper Qs.

My daughter has her own VIC card. I cannot load her Qs from my computer. I can't look at or manage her e-VIC Qs from the same computer that I use. This is not a problem for me since we also have a laptop computer. But it may be a problem for those of you who only have access to one computer but have more than one VIC card. Also, she was not offered the same Qs that I was offered.

Another thing I don't like is the only way I can print my list of Qs is if I print a shopping list from the Harris Teeter ad. Then it prints ALL the Qs I have on my card...all three pages.

I can put up with the little quirks. I think I am going to like this new electronic e-VIC Q program.

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment