Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Harris Teeter Shock And Awe

I love Super Doubles at Harris Teeter. After two days of shopping, I am in shock that I took home $369.34 in groceries. I am in awe that I saved $276.40. I got lots of freebies along with some not-so-free things like dog food, beef stew, pork ribs, roast, coffee and eggs.

Some of the highlights:

Buy 2 Get 3 Free 2-Liter Pepsi Products

The 2L drinks are $1.89 each...so you will spend $3.78 for five drinks. I had a 35¢ Q for Dr. Pepper and a $1 Q WYB a 2L drink and two assorted products. I bought two A1 Sauces...I had two $1 Qs for those. To make this long story short, I bought five drinks and two A1 Sauces for $3.06!

General Mills Deal - Save $6 instantly WYB 20 participating products. This is a moneymaker when you have the Qs plus the eVIC loadable Qs. The $6 DID NOT come off automatically and the manager had to wave her magic wand. Be sure to check your receipt. And some of the eVIC Qs also did not work. You should print your list and take it with you so you can get your money back.

Pillsbury - Save $4 instantly WYB 10 participating products. Again, this is a moneymaker...if your eVIC Qs work. As with the GM deal, most of these products may be out of stock.

Vaseline lotion is on clearance for $2.38

There is a $2 Q on any Vaseline product, making the lotion 38¢. Can you believe this stuff is regularly $6.99?

I want to give a big thank you to a fellow couponer that gave me a couple of coupons for cereal that she didn't need. Her cereal coupons were better than the ones I had. That was a very nice gesture from one coupon shopper to another coupon shopper.

Then there is this shopper...I was at the clearance basket looking at the lotion. I noticed this woman putting the Vaseline lotion on her hands. After she used the lotion, she put it back and got another lotion to put in her cart. How rude! This is probably the same lady that eats the grapes while she shops and then stuffs the empty bag in with the frozen foods.

Anyway, in two days I have spent $92.94 (I saved $276.40). I have a refrigerator that is full, two freezers that are full, a food closet that is overflowing, one dog that is happy that she has food, and three bags of food to give to the school Food Drive tomorrow. I love Harris Teeter Super Doubles!!

**Pinch**

No comments:

Post a Comment