Let us help you save money

We offer store-specific classes that teach the art of saving money by using coupons. We also give tips on getting coupon-organized and how to help others through couponing. We offer private one-on-one classes, or you can invite others into your home, church or office and make it a party. Email us for more information.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Do I purchase the Lysol soap system at Walgreens to get $7 in RR to use on Olay? Or do I just purchase the Olay and be done with it? I didn't take the time to figure it all out...

SO...

I went with purchasing the Lysol. I paid $9.92 OOP for it (without tax it is $8.99), get $7 in RR, so it is like paying $1.99. Agree or disagree? Not with the amount you silly, with whether to add the tax or not. Let's say add the tax so then it is $2.92 OOP to get $7 in RR ($9.92 minus the $7 in RR = $2.92).

The Olay is 3/$10. I had three $3 Qs and a get-Secret-deodorant-WYB-Olay Q. You know I need that Secret deodorant to go along with the Dove deodorant that I got at Rite Aid. No smelly people around here! You are wondering about the candy bar? Well, I made a mistake in handing over the Qs. A nice cashier at Walgreens told me once upon a time to give them the RRs before the Qs and I forgot to do that. Shame on me! That mistake cost me a dollar. But it is all good. Excuse me for a moment while I go find those Reese's that I forgot I had. Okay, I will get on with it. I paid $2.03 for three Olay's, one Secret, and one Reese's. Who pays for Secret deodorant these days? Not me, remember it was FREE! Oh, I got $3 in RR for buying the Olay. So I believe I am still ahead, ONLY if you think I was ahead before. My subtotal was $1, tax was $1.03, and that is where my mistake came into play. My subtotal should have been zero, but again it is OKAY.

Tomato soup and Skintimate shave gel sounds like a good combination. After all today is Valentine's day...who couldn't go for a nice bowl of soup while in the bathtub shaving your legs? Multitasking at its best! For the four cans of soup and the Skintimate, I paid 32¢ OOP and got $1 in RRs.

Let's see how we did:

My subtotals came to $10.08
Tax - $2.19
Total - $12.27

I still have $1 in RRs so do we say $11.27 OOP for everything?

==Sleeping Beauty==

No comments:

Post a Comment